2018 USFA Business Luncheon:
Thank you to everyone who attended the Annual USFA Business Luncheon and thank you to Chris Redgrave with Zion's Bank Speaking on Business! Chris discussed Well Being in the Workplace and how it is directly related to positivity.
During her presentation Chris shared the story of Derreck Kayongo who despite the hardships of being a refugee has kept a positive attitude and helps others. You can watch his story at: https://youtu.be/sauWSDPBV3g.
Chris also shared a video of D-Day veteran Bryson William Verdun Hayes who with a positive attitude has lived to be 101 years old and has broken the world record for the oldest tandem skydive. You can learn more about his skydiving adventure at: https://youtu.be/KzdJE0l11jw and https://youtu.be/x_LQ5Ekov_4.
During the presentation Chris spoke of how negativity in our world and the workplace has increased anxiety which directly affects employers. Roughly only a 1/3 of the people with anxiety seek treatment which has increased the number of sick days an employee uses.
A few key takeaways from Chris' presentation:
- The mind works better when you are positive.
- Group activities help strengthen and create a positive work place.
- Flexibility is key in the work place.
- Positive attitude levels can change us physically and those changes can last up to 6 months.
- Give employees positive feedback more than negative feedback.